Friday, March 20, 2015

Friendship Love


I recently wrote a love poem that was intended to speak of two lovers. This poem is meant to speak of the friendship kind of love between a man and a woman--one that is often filled with a kind of tension but has a loveliness of its own. It is a love that builds up and prods the other on, hoping a holy vision for the other--but it is also often a temporary one.


I will eye your beauty
not as a treasure to keep
but as a light to behold
and blow a little brighter

I will turn my feet
When another comes 
to walk beside you
and you together 
turn to stare

I will count
every shared gasp
struck by the same vision
every shared laugh
giddy with perpetual Rescues

All of these
all of you
a gift received
a gift returned
till Heaven descends




5 comments: