Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Psalm of Sorts (almost..)


Oh LORD God, my God, the one who formed me, the One who is sovereign over all the earth and all that is in it, the One who loved me first with a steadfast and perfect love, the One who has listened to my cry, the One who saved me, redeemed me, has given me value and beauty, purpose and life! The One who has made me of worth because of Your love, the One who has given me hope and joy, an identity, security, peace, purity, who has made me pure before the sight of God, able to boldly enter Your sacred, holy presence, who has chosen me, cared for me, dwells within me, pursued me, guides me, who is saving me and will save me at the end of time, in the culmination of Your great plan! You satisfy my every need, You overshadow every trial, You grow me, reveal Yourself and Your mind to me through Your Spirit living within me, You are my judge and my defender, the One who cleansed me, the One who has no need of me yet loves me--and even when I was against You. You gave Your all for our failings, You fulfilled the law that I could not keep, You took on the curse that I deserved, even though You were the only perfect, sinless and holy One. You had salvation on Your mind even when the first sin was committed in the garden..You are a God who saves, who loves, who gives in fullness of grace! Thank You, Lord. Let my heart rejoice in Your salvation, and live and walk in this life You've given me.

1 comment: